May 2023 News and Updates
A big hello from the team here at Prismatic!
Our monthly newsletter is filled with resources to help you deliver great integrations to your users, plus the latest Prismatic updates and tips.
In this edition, be sure to check out some exciting product updates, plus our advice for getting new team members up to speed with Prismatic as quickly as possible.
Spring 2023 G2 Grid Report for Embedded Integration Platforms
Thanks to our amazing customers, like you! Your reviews have made a huge impact and we have some exciting news to share. Prismatic has been recognized in G2's Spring 2023 Grid Report as the embedded iPaaS users are most likely to recommend, with the highest satisfaction score of any embedded iPaaS of 97%. Additionally, we've been named a Momentum Leader for pushing the boundaries of the market.
Read more about this recent recognition and access G2's Spring 2023 Report, which compares embedded integration platforms based on real-user satisfaction ratings.
How to Announce New B2B SaaS Integrations
Integrations are often overlooked when promoting new product features, but they provide immediate value to customers and are very important to share. In fact, it's best practice to include integrations with other important features you announce. In our latest post, we cover the basics of an integration announcement, what's included, and the different channels for announcing integrations. Check it out now to stay ahead of the game.
We have some exciting product updates to share with you, around new product features as well as additional components added to our library.
Save time when creating new variations of integrations that follow similar patterns. No more developing common steps over and over. Start building additional integrations quickly and easily from a template that you and your team can use as a starting point. For example, if you're importing opportunities from a dozen CRM vendors, templates make it easier to streamline your integration process.
Advanced Marketplace Filtering
Now, organizations can have greater control over which integrations are displayed in their customer marketplace. With filterQuery, you can use advanced logic to filter integrations based on name, labels, or category attributes. This powerful new feature gives you the flexibility to customize and tailor your marketplace to meet your specific needs.
Ability to deploy an unconfigured instance
With this latest feature you can now deploy unconfigured integrations directly to your customers without adding them to the marketplace. With this new functionality, you can provide specific integrations to your customers that are not part of the marketplace, saving you valuable time and resources. Your customers can log in and configure the integration themselves, providing them with greater flexibility and control.
Now, you can use one connection across multiple components in your integration. This saves you time and hassle, especially when dealing with components that rely on the same connection, such as Google Sheets and Google Drive.
One of the newest additions to our connector library! With this authentication type, our library can expand even further, giving you even more options for building custom components.
We recently added new components including:
- Microsoft Graph API – Interact with the Microsoft Graph API
- OpenAI – Interact with OpenAI models, including Chat GPT and DALL·E
- Microsoft Outlook – Added actions to interact with mailboxes, folders and email messages
How to onboard your team to Prismatic
If you have team members who are new to Prismatic and you want them working on integrations as quickly as possible, we have resources to help. The following section provides an overview of the best method and content to get your team up to speed.
- Grab some context: We structured our docs to help you quickly familiarize yourself with Prismatic. In our Docs Overview, we lay the foundation of what our platform offers with a brief overview of our purpose, features, tools, and capabilities. We also introduce you to our core concepts to get you up to speed on our terminology.
- Understand Prismatic integrations: Now you can check out the tutorials we built into our documentation. Our getting started guide walks you through the Prismatic process from building an integration to making it available to your customers via the embedded marketplace. Next, follow the advanced integration tutorial to see how you can create a bi-directional, event-driven integration. And then you can move on to a tutorial for building your first custom component to wrap your product's API.
- Browse our connector catalog: Our connector library is filled with API connectors and various utility components to jump-start your integration development. Once you know what's available in our catalog, you'll know when to lean on the library and when it makes sense to build a custom connector.
- Spend time with our API: We offer a GraphQL explorer tool which can be used to test queries against the Prismatic API. Our API helps you build, deploy, and support your integrations programmatically. Any function supported via the web app is available with the API. Wrap the API to automate customer creation, instance config, and more. This example in our GitHub repo lets you manage customers from a Python script, though you can use your favorite language.
- Study our best practices: We've included best practices for building efficient integrations. Here you'll find information on common integration patterns, securing webhook endpoints with HMAC, monitoring integration status, versioning connectors and integrations, and more.
Reach out to us! When you need more than our docs provide, please ping us in our Slack channel. We have developer advocate and support resources ready to assist you with any questions or suggestions. We are here to help.
"Prismatic beautifully supports the model we wanted: technical support staff
configure new instances of known integrations; software engineers get
involved when there's something new; support staff can monitor what's
happening day-to-day. Meanwhile, we can focus engineering cycles on adding
value for our customers."
Paul Ames, SVP Products and Technology at SoundThinking
Prismatic is the integration platform for B2B software companies. It's the quickest way to build integrations to the other apps your customers use and to add a native integration marketplace to your product. A complete embedded iPaaS solution that empowers your whole organization, Prismatic encompasses an intuitive integration designer, embedded integration marketplace, integration deployment and support, and a purpose-built cloud infrastructure. Prismatic was built in a way developers love and provides the tools to make it perfectly fit the way you build software.
Get the latest from Prismatic
Subscribe to receive updates, product news, blog posts, and more.