Post messages to SlackComponent key: slack
This component allows you to post messages to a Slack channel using a Slack incoming webhook.
In order to use the Slack component, you will need to generate a webhook URL:
- Navigate to https://api.slack.com/apps
- Click Create New App, adding an app to your workspace.
- Under Add features and functionality select Incoming Webhooks
- Activate Incoming Webhooks and then Add New Webhook to Workspace
- Take note of the Webhook URL. It should be of the form
Post a message to a Slack channel | key: postSlackMessage
|message||The message to send the Slack channel.||Hello from Prismatic!|
|webhookUrl||The Slack webhook URL. Instructions for generating a Slack webhook are available on the Slack component docs page.||https://hooks.slack.com/services/A/B/C|