Once you've built your integrations and announced them to your customers, you'll want to ensure they have a streamlined experience enabling their integrations. Here are some tips that our customers are using to onboard their customers quickly:
- Display the integrations your users need in a way that makes the most sense for them. Use filters to show a subset of the most relevant integrations for your users and group them by category to make them easy to locate.
- Draw your customer in with an icon they recognize and a brief description that compels them to activate the integration. When they click on the integration, provide them with an Overview that explains the integration in more detail and highlights the value.
- Consider the configuration wizard experience.
- Your customer's config wizard experience can range from pressing a "Connect" button for an OAuth connection to mapping custom fields to a third-party system. Be sure to set up all the fields that are the same across all your customers. Only require customers to map fields that are specific to their business.
- Your customers have a wide range of tech-savviness. Be sure to include helper text with each step of the mapping process in the config wizard to educate and encourage them to finish their integrations on the first attempt.
- Simplify your customer's marketplace view. Hide UI elements that are not relevant to your customer's integration. For example, not all customers will need to run tests or see the trigger details of their integration.
- Use marketplace event listeners to see how your customers are progressing with your integrations. You can monitor when a customer has first viewed an integration or when they start their instance configuration. More importantly, you can track when a customer's instance was created but not deployed.
As you release new integrations and look to increase your customers' engagement, you can use these insights from Prismatic to help understand your customers' integration experience.