Are you a super talented software engineer who is tired of working on the same boring stuff all the time? Maybe you’ve spent a bunch of time keeping up on the latest tech but don’t see many opportunities to use it in your day job? Perhaps you’re looking for the opportunity to play a key role in shaping the direction and culture of an exciting early-stage startup, working alongside other talented and driven individuals such as yourself?
If any of that sounds familiar and you're ready to finally do something about it, read on…
We are Prismatic, a well-capitalized early-stage startup in Sioux Falls, SD founded by three individuals with a proven track record of building and scaling exceptional software companies. Our product is an embedded Integration Platform-as-a-Service (iPaaS) for B2B software companies. In other words, we’re making it easier for software companies to provide integrations connecting their software to the other systems their customers use.
Why are we doing that, you ask? Our founders previously spent fifteen years together growing their previous software startup company into an industry disruptor and national leader, where they experienced integration challenges firsthand. We believe software in every industry has huge potential to positively impact the people who use it, and that better, easier integrations can help software companies realize even more of that potential.
We’re looking for experienced, talented individuals to join our growing engineering team to help make the vision we have for our platform a reality.
You're a highly talented software engineer with the following attributes:
- You have several years of experience in a senior development role, with an emphasis on back-end architecture design and development
- Your teammates regard you as one of the best on the team and frequently seek you out for advice on technical problems
- You are extremely proficient with TypeScript or Python, ideally both
- You’re able to design efficient database schemas and SQL queries, ideally in PostgreSQL or similar RDBMS
- You’re comfortable working in several other layers of the tech stack besides back-end, such as front-end, database, CI/CD tooling, etc.
- You’re a very adept learner and develop proficiency with new tools quickly
- The thought of joining an early-stage startup and being responsible for helping to shape the company culture and the product while it’s still in its early days is exciting to you
- You are located within 2 time zones of the time zone at our Sioux Falls, SD office
And serious bonus points if you have any of the following attributes:
- You have experience working with GraphQL APIs
- You’re passionate about and involved in the Open Source community
- You have professional experience with some or all of the following:
- AWS Lambda
You’d be joining our team of smart, driven, experienced individuals to build a multi-tenant cloud-hosted application using some of the latest technology while adhering to modern best practices such as:
- 12-factor application design
- Cloud-native architecture
- Unit and E2E testing, code formatting, and code linting integrated into workflow
- Continuous integration and deployment (CI/CD)
Along with that, we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Company-paid life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Unlimited PTO policy
- The best tools, including MacBook Pro docked to big monitors
- And if you’re in our Sioux Falls office, we provide free snacks and drinks and company cocktail hour on Friday afternoons
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Tell us which position you're applying for and include a cover letter explaining why you'd be a good fit.